Conditions Treated With Acupuncture and Holistic Medicine @ ATOSC- Modesto & Stanislaus County.
At Acupuncture Therapeutics of Stanislaus County (ATOSC) in Modesto, CA, we view each person as an integral whole. As a result, there is a large collection of a wide range of signs and symptoms and biomedically-defined diseases that we can help treat.
In 2003 the World Health Organization (WHO) and the US National Institutes of Health (NIH) released a report (“Acupuncture: Review and Analysis of Reports on Controlled Clinical Trials”) that details the use of acupuncture has been shown to effectively treat many types of conditions, including:
- Psychological Conditions- stress, depression, anxiety, OCD, PTSD, insomnia
- Neurological Conditions- headache and migraine, trigeminal neuralgia, facial palsy (early stage, within three to six months), paresis following stroke, peripheral neuropathy, Meniere’s disease, neuralgia, disc problems
- Musculo-skeletal Conditions- muscle pain, swelling, stiffness and weakness, localized traumatic injuries, sprains, strains, tendinitis, contractures, arthritis, fibromyalgia, work and sports related injuries, low back and/or neck strain, osteoarthritis, tendinitis (ie "frozen shoulder", “tennis elbow”, etc), sciatica
- Respiratory System Conditions- acute sinusitis and rhinitis, common cold and allergies, tonsillitis, bronchitis, bronchial asthma
- Conditions of the Eye, Ear, Nose & Mouth- acute conjunctivitis, toothaches, post extraction pain, gingivitis, pharyngitis
- Gastrointestinal Conditions- spasms of esophagus, irritable bowel, colitis, gastroptosis, gastritis, gastric hyperacidity (i.e. acid reflux), duodenal ulcer (pain relief and without complication), constipation, diarrhea
- Gynecological Conditions- infertility, PMS, dysmenorrhea, menopause syndrome, benign irregular menstruation and amenorrhea
- Cardiovascular Conditions- sssential hypertension
- Skin Conditions- acne, dermatitis, eczema, hives, pimples and zits, rash
- Hormonal imbalances- metabolic syndrome, diabetes and pre-diabetes, insulin resistance
- Other Conditions- withdrawal from alcohol, and recreational and pharmacological drugs, appetite suppression, obesity, low immunity, infections